Translate

Sunday 13 October 2013

Maureen Christie's Bear Prints


A few years ago I purchased 3 of Maureen's beautiful prints to embellish with silk ribbon and  frame as presents for my grand-daughters.  This year I have been teaching one of these prints at Bear Essence in Tooradin. Here is the framed print borrowed from Meggie my grand-daughter.

and

The second one that I will be teaching in November/December at Bear Essence is nearly at completion. I have used Kacoonda ribbons and threads in this one as I wanted the subtlety of Patti's colour palette to enhance the delicate shades of the original print. Kacoonda ribbons are a delight to work with being a lovely light weight silk that resists fraying allowing you to work with about a 12" length. I also love that the colour way is consistent over the width range. 2, 4, 7, 13 & 32mm! AND the colours are mirrored in the thread range! So nearly finished ready for the framer.










No comments:

Post a Comment