Translate

Monday 18 November 2013

Preparing for Christmas

It is a busy but lovely time of the year as the ideas I have had for the loved ones in my family come to fruition with lots of planning and sewing.  I loved making the Santa sack for my great nephew in the tradition of my mum who always made sure our Santa sacks, albeit pillowcases, where full no matter how strapped for cash she was. So here is Xavier's  sack ready for his first Christmas.
So easy to make.  Two Christmas panels of your choice. Right sides together and sewn on the long sides and bottom.  I also stitched across the bottom corners to make a "bottom" or if preferred you could make a padded circle for a base. Turned over at the top and stitched to make a casing. A drawstring inserted and your done.  I like to name each Santa sack I make so I embroidery by machine Xavier on a plainer piece of fabric using tear away stabiliser. Then I iron on Appi-Kay Wonder so as positioning on the bag is easy and then use a decorative stitch to attach the name.
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment