Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

A little bit of beading.....

I have had a particular project on the back burner for some time and was inspired this week to finish it!  The difficulty that had me procrastinating was the fact that I was beading blocked ballet points.  I had appliquéd some lace and beaded a small amount of this.  So far so good. But there I languished! I wanted the shoes to be " very beaded ", not just on the appliqué and this would involve a fair bit of effort.

So in the last couple of days I beaded away. I had to slide needles (yes plural as many broke!" ) between the satin and the block. And then .... Why not add some ribbon embroidery also! So I went to my stash (the one that is never ending - I'm sure most will relate to that) and found some beautiful silk ribbon in just the right colours - peach to pale pink with a touch of  dark pink.

These ballet slippers were purchased from Gumtree months ago with the idea of producing two little ballerina bear babies to sit in them. I had also purchased a Parisienne type case with flowers on the outside and a beautiful piece of lace depicting the Eiffel Tower all of which I had always intended to use in this project. The bears have been made for several months, but the poor things have been naked sitting in an empty case!

Of course,  one thing led to another and I have spent the afternoon with lace, trims, tulle, mod podge, hot glue, and Swarovski crystals until I have dressed bears, decorated case and beaded shoes.  I hope you like them!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment